"Not too long ago, in a dimension closer than you think..."

The Perils of Quad began as a comic book idea. But I became so interested in one character that I unconsciously began to develop his life and his world and 272 pages later I had a novel.

Now available through barnesandnoble.com!

The Perils of Quad Overview

Bodi Hawkes is a teenage foster child with a challenging, yet uneventful life—until he starts to inhabit alternate superhuman versions of himself from four other dimensions. As Bodi struggles to make sense of his newfound ability, a young girl named Phoenix Mack becomes inadvertently entangled in his predicament. Together, they seek out a reclusive physicist, Professor Artemis Hill, to help them.

After Bodi demonstrates his powers for the apprehensive scientist, Professor Hill attempts to unravel the mysterious origin of the teen’s power which lies with his estranged father who he now must find. Complications arise when a sinister rival from the professor’s past, Dr. Victor Maddox, steals Professor Hill’s findings. What will the madman do with this information? Can he utilize it to execute his evil plans?

If Dr. Maddox can duplicate and expand upon Bodi’s ability and use it for his own criminal ventures, the results could be catastrophic. Now, along with his quest to discover the source of his extraordinary gift, Bodi embarks upon an amazing adventure to thwart any evil plans Dr. Maddox may have for his unique talent. But the diabolical doctor won’t go down quietly. What will it take for Bodi, Phoenix, and Professor Hill to overcome The Perils of Quad?

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Peek At Me ....or "Are You A Suspicious Character?"

What's a fact about the last person who had their arms around you?
She refuses to wear shoes...ever. And I mean never.

Is there someone on your mind that shouldn't be?
Question is, if there was, would I tell you? And the answer is no.

It's 4 in the morning, your phone rings?
It's my best bud, Alex. He forgets he's three hours ahead of me….constantly.

What is your favorite thing to eat?
Chinese food. Spare ribs or fried chicken wings or beef and broccolli. Thanks. Now I'm hungry.

Do you prefer warm or cold weather?
Cold. I hate choking down summer air. It's like trying to breathe with your head in the oven.

What do you currently hear right now?
Dialogue in my head for my second book.

What do you think your best friends are doing right now?
They'd better be reading my first book.

What's your favorite Gatorade flavor?
The red one. I'd say fruit punch but they give their beverages obnoxious names like "crimson explosion" or "rambunctious red".

Who would be the first people to know if you got pregnant?
Are you implying that I’m fat?

Something you just don't understand?
Why people try to tear each other down for no reason. And why teenage mutant ninja turtles became a freakin’ phenomenon.

Who was the last person you were in a car with?
Jesus. He’s my co-pilot.

How old is the last person that texted you?
What an odd and suspiciously boring question. Why don’t you just ask me how many times I wore the color blue this week?

What was the last thing you laughed really hard about?
I was watching Family Guy and the mother was accusing Brian the dog of going through the garbage. Brian insisted he didn't...then farted causing his anus to blow a chewing gum bubble that promptly popped. I honestly don't know why I was laughing so hard...and for so long. Seriously, it was disturbing.

What are your plans for the weekend?
Sleep. Of course life probably has other plans for me.

Where did you get the shirt you are wearing?
Sounds like you’re accusing me of stealing.

Have you held hands with anyone in the past three days?
No, but now I feel like I should. Thanks again.

What are you excited about?
Getting my book published and receiving a huge advance.

What are you doing tomorrow?
You asked me this already.

Honestly, what's on your mind right now?
Again with what I'm thinking. ..Jeez.

Do you care about someone?
No, I prefer to be completely devoid of compassion. ...That was sarcasm.

Do you regret doing anything this week?
I regret asking someone for help who didn't want to help. That's the worst. They act like you just asked them to wipe you after a bowel movement.

How late did you stay up last night?
Late enough to make me feel the next morning like I was shot in the ass with a tranquilizer dart.

Is there a member of the opposite gender on your mind?
What is it with you and "what's on my mind"?

Are you growing apart from anyone?
I don't grow apart from people. Either I distance myself or they push me away.

Who was the last person to call you babe and when?
No one ever has but thanks for pointing that out. This whole questionnaire should be titled, “How Empty Is Your Life?”.

Who is the last person you made jokes with?
My wife, Sara. We do this thing where we talk in a funny voice and replace the first letter of certain nouns with the letter 'h'. Like we'll talk about how our "harpal hunnel" is acting up or that we want to go to "Hed, Hath & Heyond." It sounds stupid but it's fun. ..Don’t judge me!!

No comments:

Published February 2009

Published February 2009
Buy a copy online Today!

AMC Monsterfest

AMC Monsterfest
Carl was a contributing writer to "Short Screamers Hosted by John Carpenter" which was part of AMC's Halloween Monsterfest - He wrote "The Witching Hour" which was described by critics as "The Honeymooners meets The Others"

My Writer's Bio

My Writer's Bio
My writing life in a really small nutshell.....

Acting Debut

Acting Debut
This was a short horror spoof ("Working Late") that I played the lead in. It ran before the main feature ("Pieces")at the Fantasia Film Festival in Canada...

"The Startup" Movie Poster

"The Startup" Movie Poster
Carl was Story Editor on the film "The Startup"

Short film "Heroes" Movie poster

Short film "Heroes" Movie poster

"HEROES" Production Still

"HEROES" Production Still
Carl Joglar directing one of the actors